Are you an Emerging Leader, a local arts leader from Massachusetts, or interested in arts education? We have some free supplemental programming for you! Sign up for a Thread and take part in a special virtual community of your peers, access to advance readings, get invited to special meetups during the Annual Convention, and more. The Thread activities are only available to main Convention registrants who fit the criteria. Threads incur no additional cost. Check back here for more details!
Are you under 35 or have less than five years in your arts administration career? Are you looking to make valuable connections and maximize your convention experience with your peers? Join the Emerging Leaders Thread and build your professional network and discuss the issues and trends shaping arts administration careers and leadership. In this thread you will have multiple opportunities to network, share resources, and engage and lead conversations. Thread participants will have access to an online forum (basecamp), networking mixer, a special emerging leader session, and other opportunities to connect with like-minded peers.
LCCS and LAAS of Massachusetts
Do you represent one of the many local cultural councils or local arts agencies in Massachusetts? Join this Thread!
Are you interested in arts education? Does your work interface with the in-school our out-of-school learning? Does your program fund, support or evaluate arts education initiatives? Join with your peers to discuss the big ideas and latest trends affecting your work. Arts education focused attendees will gather together to network, learn, and exchange knowledge through a multi-part thread.
- BaseCamp: Connect with other arts education-interested attendees ahead of the conference. Work with Americans for the Arts’ Arts Education Program staff to affirm your foundational knowledge ahead of attending convention.
- Arts Education Resource Fair: In a free-flowing session, connect with local, state, and national leaders from the field of arts education. This is your chance to learn about the latest research, understand the most effective models, and connect with leaders from around the country.
- Networking Mixer: Join with other arts education leaders at the convention during this casual opportunity to chat and get to know each other. Bring your business cards!
- Sessions: Attend the session that you find interesting and relevant to your work – about arts education or not. Be sure to take notes, to share with your colleagues!
- Interest Breakfast: Gather together with your peers to process what you learned so far at the convention and figure out your next steps for the days ahead.
- Knowledge Exchange: Culminate your conference experience with a facilitated session on what you’ve learned so far. Bring your notes and share your thoughts as the cohort distills the big ideas ruminating from their convention experience.